Pages

Thursday 29 April 2010

Bullied beauty saved by dad's secret

Sara Morgan had always been told she was pretty but had never thought anything of it. That was until family and friends told her to enter her local beauty pageant last year.
She came first, but instead of celebrating, her life became a misery.
Sara, now 18, had never been bullied before, but now she got eggs thrown at her in the street, tormented on social networking sites, received threatening phone calls and texts – even her boyfriend’s car was damaged.
Sara didn’t want to go out anymore, started dressing down, stopped wearing makeup.
That’s when dad Colin stepped in. Sara adored her dad, he’s always been her hero. Because Colin works as a body guard for television and film stars and foreign royalty. He’s even guarded the former president Bill Clinton. Now he guards an Arabian princess.
Colin could see what the bullies were doing to his beloved daughter and sat down to talk to her.
“I was bullied at school,” he confessed. Sara couldn’t believe her ears. Her dad is a 4th Dan Aikido master.
He told her how the bullies used to rub dog poo in his face, beat him up and finally drove him out of school at the age of 16.
“But I was determined not to let them beat me,” he told Sara. “I made myself strong, I trained in martial arts. In fact those bullies changed my life. I went on to train as a bodyguard because of my martial arts skills. If I hadn’t decided to stand up to them then I wouldn’t be as happy and successful as I am today.”
It meant her dad inspired her to fight back. She ignored the taunts, the emails, texts. Decided to enter another competition. And she’s just won. It’s the British leg of an international award and she will now fly to America to compete in the finals.
She’s also started giving anti-bullying talks at local schools to encourage other youngsters to report what’s happening and not let the bullies get away with it.
Amanda, who’s 18, said: “My dad is my hero and when I found out he’d been bullied it made me realise it can happen to anyone. He’s an amazing person and inspired me to stand up to them and not let them end my dreams.”
Colin, who’s 45, added: “School only taught me one thing - and that’s how horrible some kids can be. I wanted to go round there and sort out the bullies myself but that’s not the way to do it. Sara’s done it for herself and I’m so proud of her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment